First, the cost to train with us is $109 a month. We do not have contracts because we don’t believe in screwing people. If you just drop in to pay us a visit every now and then, its $20 per class.
Second, here is when we train:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Saturdays 11:30am to 1:00pm is open mat.
Third, these are our core principles that define our culture:
- We don’t care about your athletic background. It’s probably useless anyways: Size, gender, fitness level, and your life experiences makes no difference to us. You will notice that none of that matters very quickly.
- We do not train children. We are an adult facility only.
- Training with the Uniform (Gi) is the only way to learn: The art was founded by adopting the use of the Judo Uniform (aka Gi or Kimono). Over the years, the uniform has evolved from the Judo Gi to a specific style for our art. Thus a white, black, or blue Gi is required.
- Basic technique is paramount: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has limitless technique. The art is in a constant state of evolution as more and more practitioners learn and interpret the art. But, basic techniques will always win out.
- Always be ready: There isn’t a season in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. There definitely isn’t one for self-defense. We believe in constant physical, mental, and emotional readiness.
- Competition is the best benchmark of progress: We pride ourselves on being competitors. Tournament participation is the ultimate test of your physical skills, emotional fortitude, and mental preparation. But, while we can attest that growth can come from competition, we also understand that it is not for everyone. We encourage it, but do not force it.
- Dedicated practice is the only chance for success: Learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu takes time, energy, and patience. There are moments of extreme frustration and overwhelming exhilaration. It is a commitment to deep disciplined practice of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu that is the cornerstone of the lifestyle.
- You are ultimately responsible for your growth, but you are not alone. You choose how you perform; in class, in competition, and in life. But our rag tag bunch will push you in practice, celebrate with you in victory, or pick you up when you fail.
- Humble in victory. Graceful in defeat.